I got to spend my birthday weekend with a couple of my besties.
It was pure delight.
We spent ALL day Thursday shopping. Really. 10 hours.
As noted in the previous post, we had some good times.
That night we tried to go to the pool to start our tradition, but it was very occupied, so we just went back to Jess's to start reading. Bridget decided that she was going to go "read" in bed. A while later I went upstairs to go to bed. We were sharing a bed, and Bridget was taking it over, so I woke her up to scoot over. Then this happened:
N: How far did you make it in the book?
B: Like ten pages.
N: I got to chapter seven.
B: Oh yeah, me too. (Said very defensively.)
N: I have a secret to tell you.
B: That's creepy. Shut up. I will kill you.
She remembered none of this in the morning.
Apparently the ten pages/seven chapters she read of the book were a little too real for her.
Friday (the birthday), we started off our morning with a little pool action.
I love the pool.
I love reading.
So reading in a pool is heaven to me.
We took a lunch break and then went back to the pool.
Perfect.
That night we went to dinner at Dick's.
*WARNING* - If you're going to be offended easily then you may want to stop here!
Bridget and Jess started making me signs,
then our waiter (the black guy, who at various times during the evening would just take his shirt off)
came over and said, "This isn't Chuck-E-Cheese, we don't do birthdays and that shit."
But he just loved me and tied a birthday balloon to my chair anyway.
If I had to work in the food industry, I'd work here so I wouldn't have to be nice to stupid people.
I needed a refill on my water, so the waiter got another cup of water and SLOWLY poured it into mine.
People needed napkins, so the waiter threw handfuls all over. The floor was already covered in napkins. Bridget was so afraid to ask for a napkin for fear of where it would come from.
If I had to work in the food industry, I'd work here so I wouldn't have to be nice to stupid people.
I needed a refill on my water, so the waiter got another cup of water and SLOWLY poured it into mine.
People needed napkins, so the waiter threw handfuls all over. The floor was already covered in napkins. Bridget was so afraid to ask for a napkin for fear of where it would come from.
Then Jess decided that she wanted a picture with this bar stool:
And it all went downhill from there...
Our waiter decided that I needed a picture too.
So he pulls out a bar stool for me which he makes me straddle.
I was very nervous about the whole situation and he said, "Don't act like this is your first time."
(And yes, Jess and Bridge, I realize that the pictures are cut off... it was just a little TMI.)
So I'll let those of you that weren't there do a little deductive reasoning...
My friendly waiter...
The stool I was straddling...
(Also, I didn't know the stool said that until WAY WAY WAY after the fact.)
So we are already laughing, when our bff waiter comes back with hats for Jess and me.
A girl read our hats, and then asked me if that meant that he thought I was the slut of the group.
So then someone else that worked there decorated my balloon.
Yeah, this place is not for the weak at heart.
After my balloon was added to, one of the waiters would wink at me every time he walked by.
And let's not forget that at some point our waiter wound up with a stretchy purple tank top on.
As we were finishing our dinner, I started to feel a few drops of water landing on my shoulder. The first time I ignored it. Then it happened again. Except this time it was going up over the top of my hat and landing on my head. So I told Bridget that I was getting wet and couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Then she started feeling it too. Then we were both confused. I could have sworn it was coming from above since it was getting the top of my head wet, which was covered in a not so small hat. So we are looking around and up and looking like idiots, when I finally catch the bartender's eye and realize it was him shooting water at me. Then he proceeded to shoot me with more water and mock me and yell about how the roof was leaking. It seemed like a logical thought at the time.
BEST BIRTHDAY DINNER EVER. It was hilarious.
And then it was off to:
We were SOOOOOOOO excited!
And we were not disappointed. It was amazing! I had so many favorite parts. I think I loved Revolution most of all though. They were on trampolines bouncing around and landing on a telephone booth. It was absolutely incredible. Words cannot describe how wonderful it was.
Saturday we went back to the pool for many hours...
It doesn't get better than that.
Our books are extremely warped and a lot larger than they started off, but it is so worth it.
We spent so much time in the pool that Bridget's hair got a new look:
This picture does NOT do it justice. It was so green. Up until this point in my life, I didn't actually believe that hair turned green, but Bridget's definitely did.
Anyway...point of this extremely long story...
The awful birthday curse seems to be broken!
Thanks for a a fabulous weekend girls!
Saturday we went back to the pool for many hours...
It doesn't get better than that.
Our books are extremely warped and a lot larger than they started off, but it is so worth it.
We spent so much time in the pool that Bridget's hair got a new look:
This picture does NOT do it justice. It was so green. Up until this point in my life, I didn't actually believe that hair turned green, but Bridget's definitely did.
Anyway...point of this extremely long story...
The awful birthday curse seems to be broken!
Thanks for a a fabulous weekend girls!



3 comments:
This Vegas trip seems to be one long embarrassing moment for me.
I'm glad you had an amazing birthday! Also, I miss the pool already and I'm sorry I was crazy in my sleep. Let's pretend Old Navy never happened... good plan.
Loves!
Slut.
I'm so sad that you cropped the pictures of you being molested! Haha.
Post a Comment