2.01.2009

Need to Get Out of Church?


Just call me.  I'll help you out.

I am my ward's activities co-chair and we had a linger longer today.  I was in the kitchen with my committee and we were warming up the meat.  The bbq sauce in the meat was sticking to the sides and smoking.  Next thing we know, the fire alarms are going off.  

And this isn't just any fire alarm.  Oh no, it comes complete with an obnoxious man repeating over and over, "Attention.  I need your attention please.  There is a fire emergency and the building needs to be evacuated."  At this time, there are about 4 different wards meeting.  Two wards had to evacuate during their Sacrament Meetings.  I felt bad about that.  

We clear all of the smoke out of the kitchen and the alarm gets reset.  But then the man comes back on saying, "Attention.  I need your attention please.  The fire emergency has been taken care of and you can return to the building."  He just kept going and going and going.

I'm surprised that with me in the kitchen this hasn't happened more often.  Only once in six months is pretty good I'd say.

4 comments:

Caytee said...

Oh my gosh Nicole! That is HILARIOUS! How come that does NOT surprise me. ha ha! We should invite you to my ward.

Jess Bess said...

I'm so proud...I'm seriously tearing up.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were a blogger!! Way cute!!

Tori said...

That's awesome! I love your stories. Good thing you weren't making our special cookie recipe for that linger longer! There would have been even more problems!