1.27.2009

My Very Own Treasure Chest

My classroom is decorated in a pirate theme.  On my desk I have a little treasure chest.  Today one of the boys was playing with the treasure chest.  There was a girl standing behind me and she says, "Miss Cecil, he is playing with your chest!"

Oh I tried so hard to keep a straight face.  I told myself to stop being immature and that she didn't mean it that way.

Then she realized what she said, gasps, and turns bright red.  "Oh!  I meant he is playing with your treasure chest!  That other way didn't sound right!"

That's when I lost it.  I started laughing so hard that I was crying.  The little girl was laughing too.  We sat there for at least five minutes in the middle of class laughing.  I couldn't breathe.  Everyone was just staring at us and asking what had happened.


On a related note, that just reminded me...
Last year my class did state reports.  One little girl had the state West Virginia.
The opening line of her report read:
My state report is on West Vagina.

Sometimes life is just too funny not to laugh!

4 comments:

Luke and Bridget said...

HILarious!

Britney & Bob said...

Though Jen's blog I found your blog. And I must say if I ever need a laugh, I know who to turn to. Your blogs are great!

Trevor and Jamie said...

That is so funny! You need to write a book on all your classroom mishaps! :)

Jess Bess said...

Miss Cecil, will you teach my how to make my blog look less boring?