The family was feeling a little low on magic so we headed to Disneyland right before Christmas. We took Bridget and Luke with us too. Luke, Bridget, and I headed down to Vegas Friday night and spent the night at Jess's house. Thanks Jess! We headed out bright and early to hit up a swap meet in Cali. At the swap meet I made them look at every purse booth. I have been searching for a new purse for a while. I definitely found some that I like and then had a very hard time making a decision.

So good thing that I got all 3 of them.

To continue our cute threesome date we headed to Knott's Berry Farm.
It's a good thing that I like Bridget and Luke, because I do NOT do the third wheel thing for just anyone, and especially not for a whole day! It's also a good thing that they like me enough to let me tag along for a whole day.

First, observe how cute and Christmasy we are in our green and red pea coats.
But, we were pretty excited to ride some of the roller coasters that they have there. I love roller coasters, and when I grow up I want to be one of those roller coaster experts like on the Travel Channel. Knott's had put in some new roller coasters since the last time I'd been there and I was very ready to try them out. If only our euphoria could have lasted. All of the lines were so long. After two hours we had only been on ONE ride. After the thrill of the ride though our spirits were back up and we were ready to take on another line. We are standing in line and people just kept cutting in line. We let the first few through willingly, but then it started getting really old. A huge group started coming through and pushing a head, and Luke confronted them. He made me proud. Unfortunately, they still made it past us since "none of them had cell phones" so they'd never find their group again (we told them they could wait at the exit). Seriously people, can't you read?

California Penal Code Section 490.6 clearly states, "Line jumping, saving space in line for others...is prohibited." I hate when people break the penal code.

Here are our responses to standing in line for so long while other people just head right up to the front.
I think we made it on 4 rides before we gave up. Standing in line for hours at a time is exhausting.
Luckily, in the morning, we got to go to the Happiest Place on Earth.
We certainly were feeling the magic as we waited a mere 20 minutes to go on the ride. We were walking on rides left and right. And every time we'd go on a ride I'd comment on how much I love the ride.

This is me being a pirate, of course.
Also, I was having a good hair day. Thank you, California.

Just waiting with the Sibs.
We met Goofy. It's our tradition to pose like the characters.
In front of the big tree. I want my house to be decorated like Disneyland.
There was one hitch in our magic though. Bridget and Luke's camera and wallet were lost on a ride. No bueno. Luckily they were found by the next morning. After that we were able to laugh about this sign...

I didn't heed the warning though and lost my phone on the ride. I noticed immediately and went back for it, but it was a little ironic.
One of my favorite treats at Disneyland is a churro. They are so warm and tasty and sugary. It must be the magic that makes them so delicious. I spent my own money on my churros, but when my dad started handing out money to Brett and Ali I figured that I'd better get in on that deal.

It worked too!
So it was December and a little chilly sometimes. Smarter people stayed off the big water ride. People like us just threw on our ponchos.
This was possibly one of my favorite moments of the trip. It was absolutely hilarious. We climb into the raft and are trying to cover ourselves in plastic as much as possible. We have our arm holes pulled inside and are holding the sleeves shut. Our other hand is pulling the hood down over our face. We are also trying to tuck our feet in too. Meanwhile, these 3 other Asian girls are climbing into our raft. All they have are their coats. They were looking at us like we were crazy. During the ride we laughed and screamed the entire time. The poor Asian girls were soaked head to toe.
Considering how much water was surrounding us, falling on us, and splashing on us, I'd say we came out okay. We could have made a profit off those ponchos. Everyone kept asking us where we got them from.

And just one last picture for good measure. And because we are cute.
Now I just hope the magic we felt will last until we make there again.
1 comment:
"Rory, the penal system is not something we enjoy, it's something with a name that makes us giggle". Just something for you to think about. Ha ha.
As for your comment on my blog...I think we should team up and do something about "thing 1" and "thing 2" or "they who must not be named"...
Post a Comment