5.10.2009

Mama Les

I know you all think you have the best mom, but mine is sure giving yours a run for their money.

Here are a few favorite memories/quotes by my one and only MADRE:

  • My family has never claimed to have the cutest or most coordinated Christmas tree.  We do have a tradition though that each year we all get a new ornament.  The recent years' ornaments are pretty cute, however we have quite the collect of ornaments circa late 80's/early 90's.  There are some real gems.  Brett, Ali, and I "decorate" the tree and put all of the "best" ornaments in the front.  My mom rearranges it.  We rearrange it.  This continues on the entire Christmas season.  She's a pretty good sport about it (unless we touch her star on the top).
  •  My neighbors used to be responsible for passing out the phonebooks.  They had a huge stack by the side of their house.  I was outside with my mom and she says, "You should go steal those phonebooks."  I replied with, "Oh do we need a new one?"  She says, "No.  I just thought it would be fun to steal them all."  
  • She loves Disneyland more than any other person I've ever met.  Whenever we go, her favorite phrase is, "Can you feel the magic?"
  • Last year for the 4th of July, all I wanted to do was Slip N Slide.  My mom went to every store in Cedar with me to search out the object of my desire.  Hours later, we not only found a Slip N Slide, but we found the best one complete with a skim board.
  • It was about two in the afternoon and I was sitting on my parents' bed still in my pajamas.  I hadn't seen my mom in month.  She came home from Girls' Camp and the first thing she said to me was, "I've been at Girls' Camp for four days and I look better than you do."
I LOVE MY MOMMY!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Your mom IS pretty great! Thank goodness for good mommies, or we would be more messed up than we already are. That slip n slide IS pretty awesome. We should do that again on the 4th.

Jess Bess said...

I love your mommy too!