5.26.2009

If Found, Please Return

MY BRAIN IS MISSING!  

C (of C & F's Adventures of the Carpool) has worn off on me.  I drove to work today, and I usually park in the back of school.  Today, I had to run to the store though, so I just dropped F off.  I ended up parking in the front of the school.  After school I walked out back and sure enough, my car wasn't there.  I was actually confused by this.  When there are so many parking choices, it can get kind of hard to remember where you parked.  Front or back?  Back or front?

Then I ran to the post office before I went home.  I took my keys out of the ignition and threw them in the general direction of my purse, overestimating my lack of basketball skills.  They landed on the seat.  I sat in my car for a few minutes addressing envelopes and other such things.  Being a creature of habit, I got out of my car, hit the lock button, and shut the door.  NOOOOO!  In case you missed that, my keys are still sitting on the seat.  
Unfortunately my mom wasn't locked in the car with my keys.  $40 dollars later my keys were back in my hands.

To reward myself for this hard day, I went to Costa Vida.  Reward yourself for being an idiot?  Sounds odd.  As we just learned, my brain doesn't work very well so it sounded good to me.  

2 comments:

Jess Bess said...

I was trying to tell you, "It's okay, I understand" when I accidentally hit the link to Bridge and Luke's adoption blog... thus proving my point, that I do actually understand. I'm sorry, love your face!

Teriann said...

Okay - I KNEW you lost your car but I had no idea you locked you keys in it later! You really needed Costa Vida ;) Oh - and I love the ESL version of Adventures of the Carpool (hee hee)