A few weeks ago, one of my best friends got married.
We lived together for three years, which makes us civilly married in Texas.

I hit up the reception with Jackie and Kim.
The line was long, so we had to entertain ourselves somehow.
When I got up to the wedding party, Sharli took a little time-out for me. I'm sure everyone wondered what was going on as we stuck out our bums for the camera. It was necessary that we BOOTIE TOOCH! Thank you ANTM for our best move. We have so many pictures of us like this.

During the cake cutting, the deejay decided to make friends with me. He said that they used to drop the cake on the bride and groom's head and then asked me why. "Umm...they didn't like the bride?" After that, we were bonded for life.

Then it was time for the bouquet toss. The deejay asked for all of the single ladies to come out. NO ONE was going, so I pretended to push and shove my way down there and dragged a few others out with me. The deejay decided to pick on me a little more. He told the other girls to watch out for me because I was a girl on a mission. They he made us hold our hands out for a nail check. I guess all of the other girls had short nails. He stopped at me saying, "You would be the one to have claws." He then proceeded to tell me that I needed to keep my red-headed personality in check, which meant no body slamming, clawing, or biting.
The first throw went way over our heads. We all just stood there and watched. None of us would go anywhere near it. Sharli threw it again, and don't worry...

I CAUGHT THE BOUQUET! You know what that means...

We just couldn't have been more pleased.
(Please ignore my bangs that are parted down the middle. I worked hard to catch that bouquet.)
Then the deejay told the boys that the garter catcher would get a kiss from me.

Awkward that his girlfriend was watching.
Thanks for getting married Sharli and Dan so that the rest of us could party.
Congratulations!
3 comments:
Haha! You are a nerd! I'm so excited that you are next though! Yipee! If you need help with wedding plans I'm totally down with helping! ;) And a little FYI...the only reason it was awkward for you to kiss the boy with the girlfriend watching is because his girlfriend knows you are much more beautiful than she is! (hopefully she's not like your best friend. If she is forget I said anything)
Yes, it's about time you get married. If my calculations are correct, you, maggie, and I are the only non-married roommates. And, don't worry, I'm pretty sure that's counting Freshman, Sophomore, AND Junior years with all our various roommates. But at least with Maggie in the running, you know you won't be last. :)
Hey the story was great at school but the pictures made it even better!! I though you weren't trying to catch the bouquet!! I can see that you were a determined woman! Watch out ladies! Hold on to your wedding dresses and your boyfriends!! Hahahahahahahaa!! Hope you have a great summer, don't forget our luncheon!! I'll call you! Abby and I love your blog! You make us laugh!!
<3, cindy
Post a Comment