4.27.2011

My Parents Don't Love Me

As you know, it was just Easter weekend, a time most people spend with their family.
I headed home for the weekend, and my parents headed to California.  RUDE!
So I got to spend time with my grandma, who loves me more anyway.
We went to St. George with my Aunt Kim to a quilt show.  Some lady was trying to convince me to buy something for me to sew...yeah, I don't think so.  That's what moms and grandmas are for, right?
But I did like these quilts.  Do I have the patience/skills to make them?  Absolutely not.

I really liked this one - it looked like a painting.  
I would have no clue how to even start to go about that.


After that we went and did a little shopping.  This is when three generations all bought the same cardigan, because we're cool like that.


The next day my parents were still busy being rude.
So I got lots of Bridget time in.
We also had a mini high school reunion.  Not awkward at all since we all weren't actually friends in high school by choice.  But it really wasn't that bad.  We played some great games of Catch Phrase.  The boys were sure struggling and that resulted in lots of laughter.  Favorite part of the night:
Phrase:  Nurse Visit
L:  This is a person who helps take care of old people.
S:  Nurse.
L:  Okay, and what do they do when they are there?
S:  Nursing.
---------------
S:  Uhh...wait, I hope they don't do that.

My parents finally decided that they should some me some love and came home to feed me Sunday dinner.  

1 comment:

Jess Bess said...

I can't help but notice that you didn't even mention me... seriously. Who's the rude one now? Haha.