5.10.2011

Crafternoon

I really don't get crafty too often, so when I do it's a pretty big deal.
Going to the quilt show recently has apparently inspired me to become a little seamstress.  
So I jumped right in.  With the help of my grandma (who is actually the best grandma ever - really) I sewed myself a bag.

 I used vinyl fabric for the exterior.
Also, I'm very proud of that topstitching and how straight I made it.
That was the very last thing I did, and I was stressing over it because all of the inside stitching (that you can't see, thank goodness) left something to be desired.

 The inside and strap.  The stupid strap was the only thing I messed up on and had to unpick (and by that I mean that my grandma had to unpick).  I got a little sew happy and sewed a little too much.  
The inside has pockets that line the entire thing.

And the whole thing!
The white part is a big pocket, and there is one on the back too.
Impressed?  You should be if you know anything about my sewing skills.

So there you have it - I'm an everyday Martha Stuart now.
You can also probably see why my grandma is the best.  She helped me with the whole thing and didn't even want to kill me (I think).

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

That is so cute! I loved seeing you last weekend.