5.03.2011

Poopin' with Osama

Yesterday my class was reading something about the Pioneers.  It kept talking about how they used buffalo dung or chips to start fires.  My class this year laughs their heads off if I say the letter P, so I was confused why I didn't hear one little snicker or snide comment over this story.  So I asked them, "Do you guys even know what this is talking about?  Do you know what buffalo chips are?"
Someone says, "Don't they come in blue bags?"
Another little boy replies, "Oh yeah, they are so good!  I love them!"
Yeah, they still didn't get it.
So I broke the news that buffalo chips are POOP.  Oh boy, did they ever love that!
The best part was when someone remembered that this boy had said he loved them.
That really got them going.

Then today this same little boy told the class that Osama bin Llama was dead.
Me: "bin Laden."
Boy:  "Yeah, that's what I said."
Me:  Laaaaadddddeeeeeeeeennnnn."
Boy: "Oh, I thought he was a llama."
Me:  "Did you learn about Osama while eating your buffalo chips?"
Boy:  "No, those are NOT my favorite anymore."

See how exciting my life is?  
It's only Tuesday and we've already learned that buffalo chips are poop and Osama is not a llama.

1 comment:

Lindsey Chadwick said...

hahaha! Stuff like this happens all the time in my class! One of my kids came in and announced to the whole class that OBAMA was dead! Everyone totally believed him too!