And with an adorable bike like this, how could you not want to ride it?
I had to assemble the bike. The first night I had it about 98% finished. I needed the basket on and more air in the tires. I couldn't wait to ride it though. It was too cute not to ride. So I rode it up the hallway at my apartment. It was definitely one of the more special things that I've done. The combination of half full tires, carpet, and being in 7th gear because I couldn't get going long enough to change gears made me look like I was drunk as I shook and swerved slowly down the hallway. Then I would laugh my head off and ring the bell (which is really loud), and it would make me jump, and I'd laugh even more. I would then back the bike up and repeat. It was a great ten minutes.
I made this liner for my basket. I must say that I'm pretty proud of my novice sewing skills. That is not a square basket and all of the seams line up pretty perfectly where they need to go.
You probably read this and think, "Who just compliments herself?" Well if you understood what I have to work with (I can be really challenged sometimes. Cue story about riding bike down the hallway...), then you would understand why this is such a big deal and also be showering me with praise.
Anyway...
Kim also got a new bike. We broke them in yesterday. I made an 8 mile round-trip excursion. We rode our bikes to Twizzlberry. On the way home we busted out some Justin Beiber on my phone and sang along as we cruised down the street. There is nothing more American that a summer evening bike ride, eating ice cream, and rocking to JB.
My only regret: That I did not do this sooner!
I LOVE MY BIKE!
Really.
3 comments:
One. I am jealous. And yes. Your basket liner is cute. Two. Good choice with the JB.
That bike is adorable and so is the basket liner. Will you make me one?
I love your bike too!! Maybe you could ride it to school everyday, but then what would you blog about in the winter. hehehe
Post a Comment