10.25.2009

Midget Time

My Midget came to see me this weekend!
When she arrived, I was dressed like this:
The roomies and I were headed to a Halloween Party!
Velma, Indian, and Marilyn

I made Bridge dress up and come with me to live the dream of the single life.
She was Luna Lovegood.

A friend was wearing this gorilla/man in a cage suit. I was so confused. His legs are in the gorilla suit and his body comes out into the cage. I thought that he was sitting in the cage and some strong person was in the gorilla suit being creepy and not talking. I asked who was in the gorilla suit and then it was explained to me how it worked. Even after I knew how it worked, it would still confuse me.

So we went to the party and ate lots of delicious food. Then we played Trick or Treat. There were papers folded up that said either trick or treat. If you pulled out treat then you got a treat. If you pulled out trick you had to do something ridiculous. One girl got to look at a piece of paper that was above her head, spin around 20 times, put the paper on the ground, and try to jump over the paper. She ran into the tv. We all laughed so hard. I also tried this. I just fell over. That is what always happen. I fall over like a board. It is a hilarious game, but you need lots of room to play.

After the party, Bridge and I made a Wal-Mart run. She forgot practically everything she needed for the weekend. We went in our costumes and got some funny looks. Some girl came up to Bridget and asked if she was a Harry Potter character. Bridge told her she was Luna Lovegood. The girl says, "Oh I don't know who that is. Can I give you a hug anyway?" Random? Yes.

Bridget and I are both grandmas and go to bed early. We managed to stay up until 2. We were stalking photography blogs and either picking up ideas or laughing.

Saturday we went to a bunch of different antique/thrift stores to find random props for pictures. Then we went to a photography workshop, which was the whole point of the weekend. I always look at this guy's blog. I love his style. It was awesome to go learn from him and finally learn how to use my camera!
Now I just need to take pictures and practice (so if anyone wants to be a model let me know!)

We were going to go take pictures after, but by the time the workshop got over it was too dark. I guess Bridget will just have to come back (or move here!) so we can practice together. Except for Bridget doesn't need practice. She already knows what she's doing.

I took Bridget to the Pumpkin Walk. There are all of these different scenes made out of pumpkins. My favorite this year were the sheep from the Serta mattress commercials and The Jolly Green Giant and his garden. Afterwards we were telling my roommate Kelsey about it and she made the comment that they were all based on commercials. Bridget and my responses were, "OHHHHH! That makes sense." Yep. They were all scenes from commercials and we didn't pick up on that. Good for us.

Then we picked up some cookie dough to eat and remind us of old times (like when we watched Moulin Rouge and ate an entire Little Caesar's pizza and a whole tube of cookie dough). So we ate our cookie dough and played Trauma Center on the Wii. It is such a stressful game. We played for over two hours. We were stuck on one level and our patient kept dying. I bet we played that level for at least an hour and could never keep him alive.
To end the night we watched Hannah Montana: The Movie.

She left this morning, and I already miss her!
I have the BEST friend.
Things are always a lot funnier when she's around.

3 comments:

Jess Bess said...

I love you both! And we all know that I def. would not have gotten the commercial thing. Ha ha! I will model for you if you will come see me! Not that you would really want me to. ha ha. But I do want to see you... Maybe I'll write a whole novel as a comment.

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I cannot even handle that photography website that you linked to. WHO would ever think pictures of a pregnant woman with a gun would look good?

Nat and Chad said...

Hello Woman. LOVE that you LOVE Bodie. You know he did my wedding pics?? :) Anyway...i'll be your model anytime.