3.21.2010

SB-Twenty-Ten (Where Amazing Happened)

I spent another weekend here...
to watch my favorite boys...

We left Logan at 2:30 in the morning.
Good thing we had Adam to keep us entertained.
Around five we hear, "Do you guys feel that?" We all look around at each other confused.
"It's time to play 2 Truths & a Lie."
We had to stop and take a few stretching breaks too.
Once we finally got to Reno, we could not find our hotel room to save our lives. There were several different towers for our hotel, and then our hotel was connected to another hotel. We were wandering though the casinos and arcades for way too long. At this point we were not even close...
Once we finally figured out which direction we needed to be headed we learned that we could ride the tram to our tower. (We later learned how to walk there and save ourselves ten minutes.)
But Adam got so excited that he actually skipped over to where we had to wait.
After dropping our stuff off we headed to the game!
We won (no problem) and slid down the railing to celebrate.
(I'm actually barely moving.)

We headed to In-N-Out to appease our hunger (oh so hungry!) and then back to the room for a nap, which for some reason I found to be awkward/hilarious and couldn't stop laughing.

Once refreshed we headed out for a night on the town. Before we could get too far, we ran into my friend, twice. The second time he asked for a picture. He wrapped my arm around him, and then placed his arm around me with a DEATH GRIP. I thought I was going to have bruises where his fingers were. He made sure the photographer got the picture with our whole bodies, and I quote, "I wanted the picture to have your whole body because you have such nice legs."
We also got our arcade on that night. I'm a SkiBall pro and won this high quality bear. His name is BG.
After our fulfillment of smoke for the night, we went to get frozen yogurt.
You pay by the ounce, so when Adam put his yogurt on the scale he asked the cashier, "So if I guess how much it weighs is it free?" Her response, "No." Adam keeps going, "If I can guess how much it weighs can I have your number?" "UMMM..." Bless his heart.

Day two was a recreation of last year.
We started with some Go-Carting. And despite what this picture shows, I lost again...
Then I went on the Sky Coaster with Adam.
I was disappointed when he didn't scream like a girl.
Kim and Janae also went together. After they went, Kim had some hair stuck to her face, so I went to move it and realized it was stuck to SNOT on her face. Yes, the next five minutes was spent peeing our pants laughing.

We did some shopping and then headed to Red Robin to eat.
The waitress gave us our checks at the end and we weren't sure where we paid at. So Adam (I know, here we go again...) asks, "Where do we pay at?" She said we gave our money to her. Then he said, "And uh...what would be the best way for me to give you my number?"

At game number two, Janae and I were twins.
We also met the Aggie Pope. He would stand at the top of the student section and yell the funniest stuff. At the third game we played the New Mexico State Aggies and he said:
It's the battle of the Aggies.
One wears red, the other blue.
You know to which I am true.
UTAH STATE. UTAH STATE.
After a 30 point win we we hit up the casinos. I won a whole $1.50.
Janae hit the jackpot though and won $33.90 on the nickel machine. LUCKY!
Once Janae had money for dinner we went to In-N-Out again. We tried to go to Pita Pit but it was closed. We were mad. Our Pita Pit stays open until 2 - it was only 10.
But at In-N-Out the following exchange took place:
K: What can I get for you?
A: Your number.
K: Sorry, I can't.
Shut down number three. He couldn't get her number, so he wrote her a creepy poem on a napkin instead.

Every morning Adam would eat a doughnut (which he would cut up) and stare out the window for half an hour. One day after doing this he turned around and said, "It's weird that humans just wake up and eat."
While killing time that morning, Adam's eyebrows got to meet the tweezers. That night he was still whining about his eyebrows hurting.
We went to Cabela's (my first time).
(Look at Adam in the front)
I was only a little creeped out by all of the animals.
We watched them feed hundreds of little Nemos to other fatty fish.
Then we found the camo section. A dream come true.
The employee kindly let us know that it's cheaper if you buy it as an outfit.
We also went to the National Automobile Museum. We were lucky enough to get the audio tour. The old man worker called Adam a smart-a** for wanting his in Spanish.
The highlight was putting on dress-ups to pose though.
Game three didn't fare as well as one and two. We just didn't show up to play. By the end of the game, those pom-poms were no more.
To release our frustration we danced with some old people.
The way home always seem long...
But we still love each other.

A few other highlights that don't have a picture to accompany them:
  • Adam asking Kaylen, "So how long have you been driving?" Kaylen responding, "Oh about ten years."
  • Seeing all but three bball players on our first night
  • Adam saying to Kim, "Do you hear that? That's the sound of me not caring."
  • Listening to Imma Be approximately ten thousand times
  • Playing Elevator Roulette - we would all stand in front of an elevator and try to pick which one would come - there were some awkward moments - but the best was when some young boys scared me when the doors opened - I don't even know what I did - but the boys heard them say, "She must be really drunk." I about peed my pants when the boys told me and hotel security told me to keep it down.
  • Janae saying, "I'm going to take my shirt off and show off my A." She was trying to say that she was going to take off her jacket to show off the A on her shirt.
  • As we were riding down an escalator, some guy threw ice at us - when we all looked at him yelled at us to GROW THE F UP. Classy.
  • Seeing ALL of the basketball players!
  • Janae losing the gas cap on the way home and never getting to drive throw the tunnel
  • Making the boys watch the Tyra banks show about weird eating disorders (eating toilet paper and chalk dust) and the girl with 2 va-jay-jays
  • Adam making random friends with cops and soft spoken old people at In-N-Out
  • Adam whining about his back hurting for 4 reasons - 1. The mattress 2. Having to walk ONE, no wait, TWO miles to the car museum 3. Standing at games 4. The bunk from his friends was piling up on him
Unfortunately we just couldn't keep it together for the two most important games, but I love them either way and I can't wait until November! I love my Aggies!

2 comments:

Janae said...

I just laughed for a really long time. Thank you for that post. I miss you. I miss Reno. I miss basketball.

Kaylen said...

I'll forever miss Reno. We've had some good times there.