Alright, alright, alright, alright, alright, HEY...
Here we go...
Except before we go, please ignore the "rust" colored man polo that is present in all photos of me. We no longer dress up on Fridays and so this is what you get. I know I was delighted to realize I would have hundreds of pictures of me in a polo that matches my hair by the end of the summer.
My first week of EFY our company was called
Anxiously Engaged.
(And not that is not an announcement.
Despite what the kids below hoped for.
More on that to come.)
Our funny boys...
I love the kid in the red, Dakota. On Tuesday my co-counselor, Jared, and I had to teach dance etiquette before our first dance. We have to show the boys were the appropriate place to put their hand is. At EFY they should put their hand on the girl's shoulder wing. During the dance there are counselors on passion patrol that make sure the standards are being followed and will move boy's hands if necessary. Then at the dance, Jared was dancing with some girl and I guess his hand was a little lower than it should be, so Dakota walked over to Jared and moved his hand. Everyone was dying laughing.
And my lovely girls...
And my home girls... Erin and Taryn.
I work with their moms. It was fun to already know people in my group and know that I'll see them again. Taryn is possibly one of the funniest people I've ever met.
Sexual purity class has never been so funny.
And now I'd like you to met my co...
Taylor Lautner.
Uhh...I mean Jared.
Yes all of the girls are in love with him every week.
Compliments of Taryn and Erin I have about ten of these pictures on my camera.
Also, the kids were OBSESSED with us dating.
There are probably a few hundred pictures between all of the kids that look similar to this.
We actually knew this one was happening.
There are also way too many pictures of Jared and I when we would just be talking to each other and figuring stuff out and they would picture stalk us.
I cannot count how many awkward comments were made when Jared and I were standing together along the lines of:
"So when are you two going on a date?"
"We made you two reservations at Olive Garden."
Or during our last company devotional:
"So you two will send us your announcement when you get married to each other, right?"
Or during the session director's morningside he said that counselors should be dating and one of our kids yells out:
"Yeah, Jared and Nicole!"
And the shoving together at dances and then all awkwardly surrounding us and staring.
Bless those kids hearts.
Thanks anyway... I'll just stick to 14-15 year old boys adoring me.
And on to week 2:
We had the tallest girl and boy in our company.
I wish those short kids were from my company too.
Our company was called Hidden Treasures.
This is probably the most normal picture of everyone.
48 people in that picture and 90% of them had a camera and wanted a picture too.
So as the pictures progressed they became more like this...
They would try to get everyone to do the same thing and I would do the opposite.
Our handsome boys...
I just love them all.
They were just all so sweet.
And my adorable girls...
And these are my two favorite boys:
This is Bret. Nicest kid. All of the girls just loved him. How could you not?
Not only is he cute, but he was always participating. He was just the ideal kid to have at EFY.
And this is Trevor, aka the tallest boy at EFY. Words cannot describe how amazing this kid is. He reminded me of my brother, Brett. I just love him. He was always so concerned about everyone else and making sure that they were having a good time. As everyone was going home Friday night, he came and gave me a hug and made me cry. Sweetest kid ever.
Trevor and Brett wrote all of the girls a song and sang it to us. Such charmers.
(Also, how come I can't put video up?)
And the moral of the story is...
Where are the boys MY age?


2 comments:
What is he doing with that left hand of his? Talk about "appropriate" places to put your hands...
Nicole are you taking Jared with you to Viagra Falls? Love Taryn:]
p.s. happy birthday yesterday!!
Post a Comment