Last night I went with some friends to a Yellowcard concert. I LOVE concerts.
Most of the group that went
However, I am a very firm believer in having a seat at a concert. I hate being down on the floor, squished with all of those people who are all hot and sweaty, being shoved around, being groped, and being landed on by stupid crowd surfers. The show is much more enjoyable when you can actually see the band and aren't trying to protect your life and chastity the entire time. The people I went with were set on being down on the floor though. I assumed that since it was an acoustic concert that it wouldn't be too rowdy. Well you know what they say about assuming...
Sharli and me with our bodyguard Braden
So we are down on the floor, and I swear I was going through menopause. It was so hot down there. I tried to get over that fact when Yellowcard came out. They had played a couple of songs and I was starting to enjoy myself. I have a crush on the violinist. Next thing I know, someone has flown over the crowd and lands directly on my head. Fantastic. But don't worry, as he continued overhead, he made sure to kick me in the head. The concert keeps going and more and more idiots are crowd surfing. I don't understand why people would ever want to do that. You get thrown around and people grab you everywhere. Yeah, sounds like a good time to me. Another guy comes crowd surfing above us, gets thrown into my friend Sharli's shoulder and punches me in the boob. Loved that. A little while later some 453 pound guy gets thrown on top of me. It was really pleasant. He is on my back and forcing me to squat down. I can't move. Sharli is trying to pull me out from under him, and he is not being helpful at all. I guess he thought he had a good seat because he just sat on top of me for a minute or so. Then a mosh pit starts. Who starts a mosh pit at an acoustic concert? Really guys? Get a clue. So our friend Braden is trying to protect Sharli and me from getting slammed into. Sharli and I are hanging onto each other for dear life and laughing our heads off. That might have been the highlight of the night. As we were getting smashed I told Sharli that if I got landed on one more time that I was leaving. Within two minutes of saying that, I got landed on four more times. The last one that landed on me knocked me to the floor. Everyone is jumping to the music and consequently jumping on top of me. So now I'm on the floor, I can't find my friends, and I'm CRYING. Braden finally found me and pulls me up. I just wanted out, but there was another stupid mosh pit and we couldn't get through. It was probably one of the top ten most awful moments of my life, standing in the middle of a mosh pit crying. We finally got out though and I got what I wanted all along...a glorious seat. I got to listen to one whole song from my seat before the concert was over.
Before: Not pleased about being on the floor
After: Not pleased about having been on the floor
Afterward, the band came out and was down on the floor. People were crowding all around them. Braden decided to start yelling, "She got beat up, she deserves a picture with the band!" Well, I must have looked like I got beat up (my hair was falling out of the ponytail and I had cried all of my make up off) because the crowds immediately parted and we made our way direrctly to the front where we got to meet the band and get our pictures taken with them. Perhaps feeling like I got hit by a train was all worth it. But you can bet that next time I go to a concert that I will be sitting in a seat the entire time.
Ryan!
Mendez
Sean...if you can't tell, he is the violinist :)
7 comments:
Sorry you got trampled!!! I'm sure happy you got to meet the band though!!!
I am totally with you on the whole not being down on the floor thing! I don't like it either! that is awesome you got pictures with them though!
I just bought our Disneyland stuff!! Can I get a WOOT WOOT?
So sorry Nicole, but I am laughing to hard to cry for you. I didn't believe that you were really crying until I saw the picture. Now I believe you.
Ick! I found your blog on Kathi's. That story is so funny! Sorry to laugh at your expense. At least you got to meet the band...right?
Ya, I think the battle wounds might be worth meeting the band! That's so exciting! I'm glad you have a blog, so now we can keep in touch better! Did you know that we're expecting? We're having a girl! Let me know if you want to be invited to my blog (who wouldn't?), and I'll send you an invite over your email (I don't have your address).
HA HA HA. Oh Nicole. Unfortunately, I always find your pain hilarious. If only you were still going to Beth's class... then you would have the strength in your arms to hold up the crowd surfers. Didn't those 1 pound weights teach you anything?
Post a Comment