3.04.2009

Another Random Adventure

It was time for another spontaneous adventure.  

I was with my friend Brad, and his friend that he'd been wanting to buy a gun from called him.  Said gun was in Salt Lake, so away we went.  He was super excited.  Call me girly, but I just don't understand the appeal.

So the gun was now in our possession.  Of course it wouldn't be my life if we would have made it back home without an incident.  We made a little pit stop in Farmington.  Keep in mind that it was after 11 now and there were NO cars out.  As we are heading back to get on the freeway I stopped at a stop sign and turned right.  Then what do I see behind me...
Sure enough.   Why?  I didn't use my BLINKER.  If I was going to pull me over for anything it wouldn't have been that.  I'd already sped down the freeway, pulled several illegal U-turns, and I'm sure I didn't make a complete stop just then. 
 But don't forget that we have a gun in the car with us now.  Perfect.  Being the responsible citizens that we are, we told the cop about the gun.  He told Brad he had to keep his hands up where he could see them.  I probably shouldn't find that as funny as I do.  Brad just had to sit there with his hands up in the air.  A little funny, right?  As he sat with his hands up high, he was getting all concerned about me getting a ticket.  I told him not to worry though.  As I like to say when I get pulled over, "I'm too cute to get a ticket."  I was right once again.  It's good to be me!

At this point we are starving.  Nothing was open though.  We finally found a Denny's in Ogden.  I can think of nothing classier than Denny's in Ogden at midnight.  We weren't alone in our desire to satisfy our craving at this fine establishment though...
This picture doesn't do it justice; we were trying to be inconspicuous.  
Their conversation revolved around a luxury '02 Hyundai beating a Mustang in a race.  The driver of the Mustang even had a block head start.  Can you believe that?  I know, we were in shock too! 
We finally made it back home six hours, five illegal U-turns, four new friends, three bathroom stops (for Brad), two pieces of french toast, and one cop incident later.
I can always count on Brad for a good time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness girl, the fun never stops with you does it???

Luke and Bridget said...

haha. funny. Also the cop in the picture looks kind of like Brad I think. Also tell Brad I have a Bow and Arrows and to watch his back. haha. Ugh, I love your face.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. I would have peed my pants if I got pulled over with a gun in the car. But I am scared of guns, so I probably wouldn't have agreed to the adventure in the first place. Also, you and Brad look very cute together when you're not throwing up on him.

kimchristiansen said...

hmmmm. i think that we should be blogging buddies:) so add me as a friend!! and hmm is this the guy and we talk about in church? if so we need to talk more. see you sunday