(Warning: This is long and you probably won't care unless you are Aggie OBSESSED like me!)
The grass is getting greener, the weather is getting warmer, it's that time of year...SPRING BREAK! I like to pretend that I am still in college, so I hopped in the car with a few friends and headed here...

"Why Reno?" you are probably wondering. Well, that's because these guys were there.

I'll follow them just about anywhere. They were playing in the WAC Tournament and I needed one more dose of Aggie Basketball before the season was over.
We headed out bright and early. Everytime we would make a pit stop, we would get out of the car and do stretches. We provided lots of entertainment for the fellow morning travelers.
We also found these, but the boys wouldn't let us buy them.
Once in Reno we headed to game number one.
Just waiting for the shuttle to the game. Oh SUN, how we've missed you.
At the game we easily beat the other team. Glad to be there, lots of fun, love my Aggies.

After the game was In-and-Out Burger stop numero uno. Burger, fries, and a chocolate milkshake...life is good.

My goodness...no wonder why second dates are in limited quantity.
Then it was time to hit up the casinos and test our luck.

Yes, those are ONES, and there are THREE of them. Don't be jealous.
Luck was not in my favor, but I did find a friend.
In true college style, the place we stayed at had seen better days. It was what they liked to call "The Motorlodge". We had a spectacular view...
The best feature of the room had to be the glass wall behind the beds...CLASSY. And let's not forget the gigantic keys we had.
We treated the room like a dance studio and had dance parties on the beds.
Another fantastic feature of our motorlodge, was the exceptional service. Ice, band-aids, you name it and they'll bring it to you.
Note: We really aren't that lazy that we would order ice to our room, the machine was broken.

The nice security guard bringing Kim a band-aid for her flip-flop wound.
Day two brought many adventures. We started off the day with a little go-carting. Mine didn't have as much GO as the others and I soon found myself far behind everyone else.
Some mini-golfing came next.
Then the girls decided a little adrenaline rush was in order. SKY COASTER HERE WE COME! So much fun! I really need to go sky-diving, but until then, this will have to do. When you get up to the top, it is a lot higher than it looks from the ground.

The people there laughed at us because we screamed louder at this point when they lowered the platform from under our feet, than we did when dropped from this point...

180 feet off the ground- approximately 15 stories up in the air!

However, we went from an adrenaline high to a stressed out low. Basketball game number two was the most stressful thing I have been to in my life. We started out the game and everything was going as usual, up by more than ten, sitting pretty.
Janae and I before the game...we did NOT look like this at the end.
About ten minutes into the game it all started to go downhill and none of our shots were dropping (I would act like I'm on the team). Next thing I know, the other team is up by thirteen at the half. How did that happen? We are all freaking out now. During the second half, we remained down the entire time. We would shorten their lead to two, but then a few seconds later we'd be down by ten again. When I get nervous I hold onto my hair, and I was pretty sure that by the end of the game I was going to be bald. We were jumping and screaming so much that my legs were shaking and I thought I was going to pass out. (I was not the only one stressed out though. In search of comfort, Janae said to me, "Just hold my arm!" What? Ha ha!) With 6.7 seconds to go we were down by one. My heart was switching off from not beating at all to pounding...a heart attack was heading my way. Luckily, we pulled through and good ol' Tyler Newbold saved the day with his skills. We won 71-70. After Janae and I hugged and jumped some more, I had to sit down. I was so sweaty and worn out that you really would have thought I had just played the game.
I love how much school spirit the Aggies have. We were the only school there with a student section (besides the University of Nevada, but they don't count). After we won the game, we had to quickly exit so the next game could start, and as we walked through the corridors, we were all chanting about USU and singing the Scotsman. Everyone else hated us.
Fortunately we had the next day to recuperate from that stressful game. We headed up to Lake Tahoe and drove around the lake. It was absolutely beautiful. We were pretty cute too as we all sported our Aggie gear.
My shirt says "I'm proud of my A" (hence the title and the photo)
Family Photo - Father Andy, Mother Kim, Kaylen, Janae, and Nicole. Presh.
Then it was off to game number three.
After much more screaming and jumping...
WE WON! 2009 WAC CHAMPS!
We all rushed the court...
Where I came face-to-face with the one and only Stew Morrill. STEEEEEEEEEWWWWWW!
What a good man.
After one more final In-and-Out run (that would make three since we had lunch there the day before!), we casually bumped into the basketball team. And by casually bumped into them, I mean we stalked them. A little embarrassing, but very worth it.
Tai Wesley...it was a dream come true!
Oh Stavon...our favorite 3-point shooter!
And we didn't want anyone to feel left out...
So Brad had his turn too. He is so lucky.
Sadly our fun had to end and with it came a 10 hour car ride back to the frozen tundra.
But now the Aggies are on their way to the NCAA. Good luck! I'll be singing the Scotsman in my heart for you!
1 comment:
Hilarious! Glad you have such a great time! My adrenaline was pumping! You should be a sports announcer! haha.
Post a Comment