4.24.2009

Sex Ed

I recently just got a fun new toy at work.  It's a smart board.  This means no more gross chalk and no more messy white board markers (that are always dead anyway).  It is all digital and pretty cool.  

However, that is not the point of this.

It takes a projector to work because it runs through my computer.  Sometimes the projector will get bumped and so you have to calibrate the board so that it knows the exact point that you are touching.  

Today one of my students was doing something on the board and it wasn't recognizing her touch in the correct place so she says, "I'll dilate!  I'll dilate!"

I laughed for a while and then said, "I don't think you really want to do that.  Maybe you should try calibrating it though."

Someone wiser filled her in on what dilating meant out at recess.  Oh the things you can learn in Miss C.'s 5th grade.  

4 comments:

Jess Bess said...

I miss fifth grade.

Trevor and Jamie said...

You could write a book on all of your stories! I LOVE THEM!! I laugh so hard everytime I read your stories!

Luke and Bridget said...

"My state report is on West Vagina..." haha... too funny!

The Evans said...

Hey Nicole,
How are you? Looks like teaching
5th grade is pretty entertaining. :)
Well I am working on getting our five year class reunion planned and I need your address. Please email it to me to:
misslish45@hotmail.com

Thanks so much!
Lisha