7.22.2009

I'm Especially For YOU! (Bracelet Edition)

What an incredible week!  I honestly love these kids so much.  I don't usually cry, but these ones got to me!  Seriously, watch out world, these guys are coming.  
Our company name was:
 GO & DO

Here are the top FIFTEEN things I loved about this week (in no particular order, except the ones at the end):
15. ( Let's just get the NASTY picture out of the way)  Dances! 
We had a counselor dance off and apparently I was doing a rain dance of some sort.  But look at everyone else in the picture, they weren't doing much better.

14.  Redheaded Ditching Class Parties
We all should have been setting a good example and going to class, but it was Friday, and sometimes you just need a break.

13.  Time Fillers
There is often ten or twenty minutes to kill in between activities, so we play ridiculous games like Ninja Destruction.  You look like a big dork, but it is actually pretty fun.

12.  Games Night
We played a game at Games Night called Sweetwater Crossing and we had four boys that were supposed to help the rest of our group across the river.  Most groups chose to carry the others across.  Oh no, not us, we would drag them.  I may or may not have laughed the entire time this happened.

11.  Awesome co-counselors
Above is us planning for our next picture, as you can see, even my hair is excited.
Below is the plan coming into action.
This pretty much summarizes us.

10.  Awesome Talents

This is lots of my group performing their balloon head dance.  The girl on the far left makes me laugh so hard every time.

9.  Aggie Basketball  
I realize that at first you might not think that EFY and Aggie Basketball go together, but they most definitely do.  I met Bradley and we bonded over our love of Aggie Basketball.
We became instant friends.  Here we are doing various parts of the Scotsman.

8.  Awesome Dress Clothes
Mini Ties
Suspenders.
There is another one I want to include in the section, but I'll save it for later.

7.  Prince Eric and Ariel
I told my kids on the first day that when I grow up I want to be the Little Mermaid.  They called me Ariel all week and I loved it so much.  His name is Daniel.  I called him Eric.  Can you see why?

6.  Diversity
This week was my most diverse group EVER!  It rocked.  We had kids from Australia, Russia, China, Brazil, Canada, Hawaii, Ohio, Minnesota, California, and Nebraska.  Loved it!
Josh from Hawaii.  Love this kid!
This could have also been included in 8 for his sweet lava-lava.
Laura from Australia.  She called the drinking fountain and BUBBLER.  I want to say it all the time now.  Her accent was adorable.

5.  A fantastic group
These are my GORGEOUS girls!
And of course we've got to do it ANTM style.
Our STELLAR boys.  They made the week so awesome!
We were definitely like this most of the time.

4.  Adorable boys
Please meet Brooks and Trevor.
This is how I met them on the first day.  They drew on my orange.
Brooks in my glasses.  Me in his hat.  We look good.  
We know.
Trevor is a stud.
These two are so sweet.  Friday night we sing As Sisters in Zion/Army of Helaman with our group.  These two came up to me after and told me that the girls were all beautiful before, but that when they started singing the song, they could feel the Spirit radiating out of the girls and it made them even more beautiful.  I teared up a little.
They also kept telling me how excited they are to go on their missions and how great it will be to feel the spirit every day just like at EFY.
Seriously love these two!

3.  Bracelet Parties
Yea for friendship bracelets!
I bet I taught at least twenty kids how to make friendship bracelets this week.  It was pretty awesome.  I'm slightly obsessed.
This is another counselor, Sam.  We have matching bracelets, which pretty much makes us BFF.  Well, that and the awesome pose we are making.

2.  Jedi Braids
I'm sure their mothers loved this.  I know I did.  I laughed so hard every time I saw this kid.  I ate dinner across from him and laughed for 20 minutes straight.  
Michael's Jedi/Ninja Braid
The starts of Trevor's braid.
And the finished product!
I want one so much!

1.  Nate and Jake
These are my boys.
I wish I could see them every.single.day.
The best part is that they weren't even in my group.  I just met them randomly on Tuesday and we became besties.
We all have matching bracelets.
We rock them.
I miss these two!
I understand that they are only 18, but they sure were charming.
When I first met them I was making a bracelet.  They begged me to make them one and won me over with their flattery.  I couldn't say no.  I made the promise of all promises...a pinky promise.  I was in charge of choosing colors for our bracelets that "represent our love".
I wrote them this:

Everyday, in every way
My heart is turned to you.
And as I like to say,
Without you I am blue.
If you leave I'll get cow flu.
Please don't make my heart go moo!

I've made you this bracelet
With all the love in my heart.
I've known from the moment we met, 
That this was just the start.
Don't let your attractive head fret,
I'll accept a ring, even one from K-Mart.

There are some things you need to know.
Each color is so spesh.
The yellow represents a glow.
The glow and light you bring to my life is presh.
I hope you never go, 
So our hearts can continue to mesh.

As for the pink,
It represents our love.
A love that cannot be contained in a sink,
Rather it flies free like a dove.
Our love does not stink, 
Because it was sent from above.

Now onto black.
This one makes my heart hurt.
It nearly gives me a heart attack.
It's your ability to flirt.
It's something you do not lack.
You'll chase anything in a skirt.

The blue is for my eyes, 
So you'll always think of me.
They're the color of clear skies.
Look into them and you'll see,
They many way my heart flies
When I am near to thee.

I hope you can tell, 
What we have isn't fake.
It's as clear as a loud ringing bell.
Love like ours is hard to make.
At the top of my lungs I want to yell, 
"I love you Nate, and of course you, Jake!"


I know, I know, I should write Halmark cards.  Tender.
They reciprocated with this:

Your name is Nicole
We have witnessed the burning flame that is your soul
The hair on your head is red
We think of thee when we lay to bed (I told them that was CREEPY!)
You're a beauty for all to see
It's hard to take in all of your majesty
The sun pales in comparison to you
Sometimes looking at you makes me forget to breathe until I turn blue

Our love for you is as big as a barge
You always walking around like you's in charge
Your grace is like a frolicking gazelle
We want you to tuck us in and share us a tale
What flower are you?  I think a daisy
Cuz you smell so good I can't help but go crazy
Our girl Nicole, you've got it all
Our adoration for you has never been small

Your bracelet making skills are off the chain
If you played basketball I bet you'd make it rain
Your eyes are hecka blue
We want you to know we'll miss you after this EFY sesh
We hope you remember with who you so easily mesh
So goodbye sweet, sweet female
We leave these as if we're going to sail
How could I not love them?
I have so many hilarious stories about these two.  

But that's it!  Pat yourself on the back if you made it to the end of this one.  You probably deserve a cupcake too!

Moral of the story:  EFY is incredible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! I love that your hair got excited SO much! Lovely.

kimchristiansen said...

ahhhh man, you always get the good ones!!! btw i miss your face and i wont see it till the end of august which just makes me so so sad.... booooooooooooooooooooo. btw can i get some of that sweet action that you get all day everyday for weeks? miss you!!!