7.26.2011

Sister Wives {Week 6}

It was really hard to remember what we did all last week.  When you have such a busy life, it's hard to keep track of everything.  We did not fail to document either.  
We visited Twizlberry for some froyo.  So good.  Everyone should come visit me and go with me.  On a Tuesday so that I can get double punches and your coupon.

 We had a pool day.  Of course.  We ventured to the kiddie pool and stuck chairs in there.  Best idea.

 Girlfriend finished her adorable ruffle skirt.  I covet.

 Booty Tooch.

 Yeah she just made that.

 I learned how to ruffle something.  Finished product to come.

 I may as well just move into Girlfriend's house.  I'm 99% positive that I've spent more waking hours at her place than my own this summer.  I need all that stuff though.  Sewing machine bag, fabric and miscellaneous bag, and my purse.

 I got forced into going rock climbing.  I've never been.  I only like to go rappelling.

 I sucked up my Barbie ways though (I don't really like dirt and made everyone there judge and hate me) and had a good time while rock climbing. Going up and down the mountain is a different story.  There is a reason I don't do crap like this.

 Girlfriend was such a good belayer.

 And a hardcore climber.

 And I was just there to take pictures.
 Rock climbing was actually pretty fun and I'd go again.  Except for that I'd like to be taken directly to the rock that I will be climbing.
 At least I look like I know what I'm doing.

 On the way back down, I may or may not have fallen down those rocks.  Since I have the scraps and bruises to prove it I guess we will go with that I did indeed fall down those rocks.  After Girlfriend made sure I was okay she laughed a lot which almost made her wet herself seeing as how she'd needed to potty about 4 hours prior to this point.

 After I fell there was even more junk to climb down.  I thought sliding down on my butt would be a good idea.  Wrong.

 I mostly just made it worse and made me get my shoes dirty.

 And my butt.  Which left a print on the side of Girlfriend's car.

 We took a little shopping trip to find Girlfriend some cowgirl boots.  I've been the Indian all summer and she has yet to get her cowgirl act in gear.  We found some pricy boots and this hat, neither of which she bought but still thinks about.

After some swimming we did some CAS.  I needed the tape measure to help inspire me.

 I put the finishing touches on our pin cushion scrap bags that I made for both of us.

 Girlfriend started to work on a pillow.

But then got distracted by herself and started taking pictures which resulted in...
 This gem that you may recognize.  That would be me earlier that morning when I had just woken up.  I went to bed with wet hair (which I never do and you can see why).  And that would be GF having CAS bring out her best side.  We are quite the pair.

 Then I got dragged to dinner in my chlorine and sunscreened body, frizzy hair, makeup less state.  I guess it worked for me because Grizz, who has never even touched a girl before, went in for the kill.

 We went to a farmer's market where I parallel parked.  Haven't done that since I took my driving test.  It's much closer than it appears.  Yep I feel lame after looking at this picture, but I'm still proud so I'm posting it anyway.

 We met Santa playing his instrument at the farmer's market.

 I also made a skirt (fabric to help channel my inner Native American) complete with pleats on the front,
 gathering in the back,
 and POCKETS (all awesome skirts have pockets, really) that even has the fabric all neatly lined up with the same pattern.

 All done.
To end the week we went hot tubbing with a few people.  The first highlight were using the diving rings to play ring toss and try to get them onto people's arms.  Sometimes when I tossed the rings though they went behind me.  I was way good.  The second highlight was Girlfriend and Dan placing a bet on how many seasons of Seinfeld there were.  Girlfriend won and gets to buy her cowgirl boots now!

See, we don't need to work to be productive.

1 comment:

owlleecec. said...

Both of the skirts that GF and you made are adorable. Maybe you should make me one. (Wink, wink).