Utah State started school again today, and I was a little sad that I couldn't go. Just thinking of the first week of fall semester makes me so happy. I swear that the air gets a different scent, and I just love it. There is just something about campus the first week that is so exciting.
Call me a nerd, but I love school (just not the homework part).
I was thinking today about my favorite year of college.

These girls take the cake, hands down.

Paige, Lindsay, and Maggie were my roommates during my sophomore year.
(We also had an adopted roommate, Brad.)
Pretty much no one other than them will think this post is as hilarious as I do.
We couldn't have been more different, but couldn't have gotten along any better. Pretty much everything we did involved: eating, dressing up, and taking pictures.
I have 2000+ pictures of us from that year.
Our favorite activities included all three.
Here are a few highlights of the year:
Sporting Events:
Football - I don't think we actually lasted for a whole game though
BASKETBALL - still my true love
HOCKEY! - We loved the fights
Dressing Up:
Neil Diamond cover band concert
We got spray on tattoos and sported them for our first day of church
80's Rock Concert
Pink Ladies for Halloween
Birthdays: We celebrated everyone's birthday with cake. We never had candles though so we would pretend to blow out silverware.
Paige with her cornucopia cake that started it all
Lindsay with her snowman cupcake cake
Maggie and Brad share a birthday. Their birthdays are in August, so we celebrated their half-birthday which is right around Valentine's Day...hence the "Kiss Me" lips cupcake cake.
And me with my alligator cupcake cake
Garbage Bag Sledding: Who needs a sled? We went down Old Main Hill in January with only garbage bags. We wore them like diapers. I really thought I was going to pee my pants from laughing so hard.
Garbage Bag Superheroes
Funniest random activity.
A few other things I loved about this year:
- Maggie's cleaning outfit (oversized shirt, short shorts that said "Got Crabs?" on the butt, and huge headphones)
- We took disgusting pictures of ourselves, blew them up and hung them on the wall where people could see them through the window
- Maggie's Ultimate Aggie experience
- Becoming a True Aggie
- The recorder and The Name Game
- Knicole - my doll posterity - chillin' in the windowsill.
- Eating unlabeled food and saying, "Thanks Laura" (We had a roommate that moved out and left ALL of her stuff there. We ate her food. Months later when all of her food was gone, we would eat food that we didn't know whose it was and just say, "Thanks Laura," and pretend it was hers)
- Another roommate telling Brad that he needed to leave the apartment because being alone with him made her uncomfortable
- Creepo - the previously mentioned roommate's boyfriend that was ten years older than her and looked like a ten year old boy and old man at the same time
- Roommate and Creepo playing the piano and singing duets
- Mirror faces
- Making s'mores over the stove
- Our paper chain that counted down the ENTIRE year and had all important events marked on it
One more memory: This one is for Paige
Every Tuesday evening we would get left all alone in the apartment. For some reason, we would always sit right next to each other on the couch. We would watch The O.C. One day we came up with a bunch of fake laughs. A few of them were even given names: Old Man, The Sheep, and of course...THE MACHINE GUN...it's a classic. We decided to try them out on Maggie and Lindsay when they got home. Rather than laughing at funny things with our special laughs, we would only laugh at things that weren't actually funny. They would get so confused whenever we would do this. We felt the fake laughs were a success.
What a magical year. I miss seeing these girls everyday.
6 comments:
Who made the cakes? They were awesome! Good luck with school next week. I'm a little jealous. I love the first day of school. The kids are too scared to be bad. I'll have to find out what students of mine you have. (Of course you'll know which ones were mine because they will be the brilliant, angel students. :0)
HAHAHA!!! (Machine gun.) I just got back from visiting Maggie and she definitely still has the "Got crabs?" shorts, but doesn't use them for cleaning. Her room is messier than it used to be.
The different laughs reminded me of the time we watched $10,000 pyramid decided to call Maggie "Beeeeaaaaaam" and when she got confused we'd just say "TraditionAL?!"
We should have a reunion. Maggie's going to be in town in October.
This post was so funny I just had to read it again. I started laughing so hard about, "Thanks, Laura," this time and how you guys thought that the Nesquik was Laura's and it was actually mine. hahaha
That was by far my favorite year of college too! Eating, dressing up, taking pictures...that was our motto for sure. I was literally laughing out loud at my desk while reading this. I had forgotten how horrible but wonderful those huge pictures of us were that we had on our front wall all year.
Remember the last day of the spring semester, how we stayed up all night partying and cleaning? Then Maggie had to clean the toilet and shower, but she couldn't stand, so she sat in the tub and was covered in shower / toilet water. Then we stood by the front door and took pictures, which were disgusting, because we were simultaneouly laughing and crying. That was the best!
Paige's post reminded me of those nicknames we had that year. Weren't they Bacon, Papa, El Paw, and Beeeem?
HAHA! Oh man, I love that we forced Maggie to clean even though she was a cripple. And she did NOT want to take those pictures by the door and I think that's what made the rest of us laugh so hard.
Post a Comment