8.16.2009

History Lesson

I went geo-caching with Jess and Rob in P-Town.
For the geo-cache that we did, we had to solve a bunch of riddles.  It would give us coordinates to go to, then it gave a clue about what we had to find at that location.  We were looking for the coordinates to the final place - the actual geo-cache.
We went all over Parowan, found some interesting places, and learned random historical facts about our beloved hometown.  
Keep in mind that all of this was happening around midnight.  We were pretty creepy lurking around town at these places.
This guy had tons of old fire hydrants in his yard.  They were everywhere.
We went to a ton of monuments.  Who knew there were so many in Parowan?  I swear there is one on every corner.  My favorite monument was the one where I learned that the first ball of cotton yarn, west of the Mississippi, was made in Parowan.
The creepiest place we had to go to was the cemetery.  We had to find a date on a tombstone.  I hate cemeteries anyway, but especially at night. 
Another random house we went to was this one with all of these birdhouses.  They were pretty incredible.  I guess some of them cost around a thousand dollars.

After we had gone to all of the places and retrieved all of the coordinates, we tried to go to the geo-cache.  No such luck.  WE COULDN'T FIND IT!  We went back through all of the clues and changed different ones that we thought could have been wrong.  Nada.  We searched for at least 45 minutes, but never found it.  It was kind of depressing that we never found it, but it was still a lot of fun!

No comments: