8.16.2009

What Happens In Vegas...

...Isn't typical when it involves Bridget, Jess, and me!
We skip the casinos, the alcohol, and the clubs.  We think our version of Vegas is better though.

We got there Friday night and immediately headed out to eat.
California Pizza Kitchen was our first stop.
We also did a little shopping that night.  Steve Madden was having a sale!
Shoe count:  One
After shopping we went to Swirll, a delicious fro-yo place.  As we were sitting outside eating our tasty treat, there was a man with a bunch of huge dogs.  One of the dog's names was Nikki- obviously nothing good was going to come from this.  Next thing I know, the dogs are attacking each other.  I swear their faces were going to get ripped off.  They were about 2 feet away from me.  I was freaking out.  It was scary.  Their owner was trying to pull them apart, and I thought he was going to get torn into shreds.  This whole thing probably only lasted for a minute, but it felt like ten.  Yeah hi, Michael Vick called, he wants his dogs back.

Saturday we hit up some more shopping.  After Nordstrom Rack, Target, and Urban Outfitters, we went to DSW...Nicole's Personal Heaven.
Shoe count:  Two
I'd say that's pretty good.  There were so many more that I wanted, but I only left with one pair.
Then we headed to the Galleria Mall.
Shoe count:  Three
The trunk was just a little bit full.

That night we went to the Tournament of Kings at Excalibur.
We were seated in Spain's section.  They had a bunch of different countries and each country had a king to cheer for.

We ordered some strawberry daiquiris and pina coladas (virgin of course!) thinking they'd be a few dollars, oh no, try twelve.  WHAT?
(Side note:  Anytime we were at a restaurant, they either thought we were under 21 or the could tell we were Mormon, because they would direct our attention to the virgin drinks.)
Surprise - they came with the mugs.  That would have been nice to know beforehand.
They also fed us dinner there.  I was kind of skeptical that it would actually be good, but it really was.
We had Dragon's Blood (tomato soup), a roll, cornish game hen, steak fries, veggies, and some apple tart thing.  Since we were in the mid-evil times though, we didn't get any silverware.  That sure didn't stop us though.
The stupid Spain king was killed almost immediately, so I started to cheer for Norway's king instead.  He was a lot cuter than ours anyway.
Surprise...after the show I met him.  Ha ha!

On Sunday, in keeping with tradition, we headed to the pool to read a book.
It is fantastic.  Nothing better.  Sitting in the pool and reading - two favorites.
If you're into fantasy (this one was pretty mild as far as the fantasy thing goes) then it's a good read.  It is the first one in a series.  The next one doesn't come out until next summer, so that means we'll be back next year!

Thanks for a fun weekend girls!

3 comments:

Brett said...

Nicole first his name is Michael Vick not Vicks but also Bridget is only 11 so that is kind of a given.

Jess Bess said...

I hate you so much it hurts!!!

Caytee said...

WAY fun. I love the shoe count. That is my Nicole that I know and love. Hey, you should look up Norway's king. You take a good picture together!