8.15.2010

Concrete Jungle {3}

Day three began super early to go to the Today Show.

While we were there John Mayer paid us a visit.
We were there early enough to hear him warm up.
He sang Waiting on the World to Change and Half of my Heart.  
Then he sang Half of my Heart again.
Waiting for him to come back out, Janae took a little nap.
She wanted to know what it felt like to be a bum.
John came back out and sang Waiting on the World to Change.
Then they finally taped him, and he Waiting on the World to Change, again.
Then he sang Half of my Heart.
So yes, we did hear the same two songs three times.  
And loved them every time.
He sang one other song too.

While we were at the concert, I said that being at a concert was making me excited to go see Tim McGraw when we got back to Utah.  Janae's response to this was, "I just want to squeeze Tim's cute little cheeks.  Butt cheeks I mean."

After the concert, we wandered around the Rockefeller Plaza area.

Our next stop was to go to Central Park.  However, the subway did not stop where it said it would.  Later it picked us up where we wanted to get off, but it definitely did not stop there.  So we took a little detour to Harlem.  Another geography lesson.

We finally made it to Central Park.  20 blocks later.
Wandering around half of Central Park made us tired, so we sat down on a bench and watched other people exercise.  The highlight of Central Park was playing 1 or 2 with the guys going past us.  Not familiar with the game?  When two guys are approaching, you number them one and two (closest or the left guy is one) and then decide who would you rather marry.

After lunch and my first Double Chocolatey Chip from Starbucks (where the guy spelled Janae's name JENI and said, "So tell me about your background," and Janae just stared at him), we went to the American Museum of Natural History.
To get into the museum they charge you $20.  It's actually just a donation though.  Janae and I did not want to pay the twenty dollars.  We were going more for a $10 donation, you know, 2 for 1.  Except when we got up there we got nervous because the sales guy was not friendly at all.  He seemed quite ticked that we didn't want to pay full price.  So we each ended up paying $16.  Not the plan.  He was angry though.

Anyway, this whale at the museum really creeped me out.  
It's so huge.  It doesn't seem natural.
By the end we were exhausted.
When we left, we followed the signs for the subway, and what do you know?  Oh yeah, it's the place that we wanted to get off to begin with.  
These awesome guys entertained us while we waited for the train.
The subway ride back to our hotel rejuvenated me.
So guess what I did while Janae went and took a nap?
If you said shopping, you're right.

To end the night we went to a Yankee's game and ate hot dogs.
We also ate some super greasy garlic cheese fries.

Not long after we got to the game it started pouring rain.
I have never seen it rain like this before.
We had to entertain ourselves while we waited.
We also played 1 or 2 with this guy:

The game finally got going again.
A-Rod was supposed to hit his 600th home run.
Every time he was up to bat, you could see hundreds of cameras flashing.  Unfortunately, he didn't hit the home run that night.  But the Yankees did win, and I saw Jay-Z on the jumbotron.
Also, we got to sing Take Me Out to the Ballgame.

The day was officially over after this gem was taken back at our hotel.
(Also, while sorting through all of our pictures from the trip, I somehow set my desktop background as this picture.  It's really cute.  We know.  I figured fate wanted that picture there, so I've left it.)

2 comments:

Janae said...

Remember how I wore that black shirt the whole trip? That is awkward.

Janae said...

Also that last picture is REAL cute! We should probably try to sell copies. I know for sure that creepy hair guy would want a copy.