8.15.2010

Concrete Jungle {5}

All Janae wanted to do for her birthday was stay at our hotel and read our scriptures and the Ensign.  We compromised by going here instead:
We went to Sacrament Meeting at the Manhattan Temple.  We were so intrigued by the people at this ward and spent the whole time trying to figure out who was a visitor and who lived there.  Each week about 80% of the people there are visiting.  

We hit up the Shake Shack again after church.  Oh I miss that place so much.
Then we went to another musical.
It was good and really fun, but I wish we would have gone to see Mamma Mia before we saw Wicked.  Wicked was just so incredible that it overshadowed Mamma Mia a little.  I still loved it though.  At the end, the cast does a little mini-concert that Janae and I rocked out to while everyone else started at us.
When we got out of the musical we were still singing the songs and dancing in the rain through Times Square.
Since it was raining, we went into M&M World.
It really wasn't that exciting.  But it got Janae out of the rain.  Her sandals got so slippery when they were wet, and she couldn't walk like a normal person.

We tried to find a flea market that we'd read about in the Garment District.
It was closed when we got there though, but I found this fun window.

So we went back to our hotel and took a little nap instead.  It was wonderful.
Took a nap in New York on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

We wandered up the part of 5th Avenue that was right by our hotel.
Then we finally got our New York Pizza at John's Pizzeria.  It was in an old church and very cool.
There was a gigantic black and white mural of the city on one wall.
And our pizza was everything we could have hoped for.
And yes, we ate the whole thing.

2 comments:

Janae said...

Remember how I had Jaundice and you were Red the whole time? Where the heck did you see that window? Apparently I was in my own world when we passed that. Maybe I was just focusing on my walking. I love these posts. We are so fun. I can't wait to read about Day 6

Sharli said...

You got a whole pizza? One New York slice is plenty.