With the championship won and our boys on their way to the NCAA, the three newest besties
(see, we really are besties)
were ready for a night on the town.
(Told you those scrunchies came in handy. Boy, did they ever!)
Every time Kade looked at me he had a small amount of disgust in his eyes, he wouldn't admit it, but actions speak louder than words.
(Side note: Monday morning, I was having a time change hangover and could barely get out of bed for work. I threw my hair in a side pony (low and sans scrunchie) and headed out the door. I let Kade know I had a side pony in and his response to that was: RIGHT NOW?! See, obviously disgusted.)
Anyway... out in the car Janae tried one last time to sit on Kade's lap. Every time we'd gotten in the car earlier she'd volunteer to sit on his lap so there would be room in the back. Very thoughtful, that girl is.
First thing on the agenda was the Vegas sign.
We met creepy Elvis and helped rescue some girls from him.
You can't see it, but Janae and I are still rocking the side ponies.
Our next stop was the Wynn/Encore hotels. We definitely fit right in with everyone in their fancy/trashy clothes ready to go clubbin'. We stopped in the bathroom and Janae and I were the only ones not in short skirts and stilettos.

This sign says, "The following are examples of unacceptable attire: Baggy clothes, athletic gear, shorts, sandals..."
We were definitely wearing the first four on the list.
As we were wandering past all of these people, frequently people were calling out, "Go Aggies!", to which we would proudly cheer. However, some idiots mistook us for BYU. "SDSU" was chanted at us several times. I really enjoyed when they would shout out to us that we were breaking the Honor Code.
We snuck on up to the 60th floor of the Wynn and caused some shenanigans up there.
We left the fancy people at the hotel a nice note too.
They even had fancy elevators.
We finally ate dinner around 12:30. While trying to find somewhere to eat, Kade so kindly let us listen to all of our roadtrip songs that Janae and I had collected, but knew that KK, Coders, and 1990 would not be allowing the next day. Thank you Nelly, Celine, and the HSM cast for completing our trip.
After dinner, we were waiting for an elevator and someone said, "Go Aggies!" to us, so we cheered, of course. But then the people that started it were gone, and we were left alone with everyone waiting for the elevator staring at us. So we have lots of school pride, get over it.
The night was still young though.
The Stratosphere was our next stop, which is a long story in and of itself.
We went on the X-Scream, and scream we did.
From the Stratosphere's website:
Ever played on a giant teeter-totter, 866 feet above the ground? With the X-Scream, you can! Its space age, yet simplistic design resembles a massive teeter-totter or a Vegas roller coaster unlike any other ever seen. X-Scream propels you and several other riders headfirst, 27 feet over the edge of the Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower. Try not to scream when you go over the edge — you don't want to scare the other riders! After being shot over the edge, you'll dangle weightlessly above the Las Vegas Strip before being pulled back and propelled over again for more.
Why we thought this was a great idea I'll never know. But it made for some great pictures! These next two are definitely in my top five of the trip.
Poor Kade. He was a little stressed. And yes, I'm still rocking the side pony.
I didn't get nervous until I was locked in the seat. I had a death grip on the handle bars, because that would obviously keep me from dying in the event of the ride plummeting to the ground. My legs were shaking the entire time, and I could barely walk for another ten minutes after the fact.
Kade screamed like a girl the entire time, Janae was a half screamer/too terrified to do anything, and I screamed initially and then laughed hysterically (I don't know what that's my reaction to life threatening situations). Here's a little TMI for you, I honestly peed a little. No shame. It was terrifying!
Kade and I could not have our mouths open any wider.
A lady commented that Janae looked like she messed her pants. Janae said she did.
Immediately after being released from our seats, Janae says, " Just give me a hug. We survived!"
How those boys in the back are okay with everything is beyond me.
The only thing wrong with this picture is that you can't see my side pony. Kade did not hide his disgust at all when that was the first thing I said about the picture.
After that we were worn out!
Our beds were calling our names.
Good night Vegas.





1 comment:
Still get really nervous everytime I see that last picture. Scariest moments of my life.
Post a Comment