After the first game, the boys we were with hightailed it out of there. I guess they had really important things to do. Janae and I took our time though. It was probably a good 15 minutes before we left the arena. We finally find the boys, but only KK and 1990 are there. We asked where Coders was, and they said he went with a friend. Alright, didn't think anything of it.
A few minutes into our drive back to the hotel, we are stopped at a stoplight. All of a sudden, I feel something poking my arm. I look back, and I all see are fingers poking out from in between the seats.. Janae sees the fingers too, and we both start screaming. I think KK and 1990 were a little startled by the screaming. Then we started laughing once we realized it was just Coders. From the trunk, Coders pops the trunk and hops out. The people in the car behind us had great expressions on their faces. It was great.
Back at the hotel, the boys took off with both room keys and the car keys. Nice. Janae and I were pretty okay with that. From the amount of time we spent together, we obviously like each other.
We went to the buffet at the hotel for dinner. While we were there we kept laughing about everything (especially thinking about Coders in the trunk for 15 minutes and being scared by him) that I'm sure everyone around us thought we were drunk. But no, we were not. Only off Aggie basketball.
As we were finishing dinner, the boys found us and joined us. They did give us the car keys at this time. Janae and I tried to ruin Coders's drink for a little pay back, but he drank it right up.
After dinner, we all left the buffet together, and within two minutes the boys had managed to ditch us.
This is where Janae and I become men. We found our way to the sports bar and watched two more basketball games. We really should be every guys' perfect girl.
At this point it was around 11 (which I know is not late), but I was so tired and just wanted to sleep. Oh wait, we couldn't get into our room. So we call KK and Coders. They had walked all the way to the other end of the Strip. It was going to take them an hour+ to get back us, so we drove to them. We found them on the side of the street and tried to get the key. No luck. They wanted us to come out with them for a little while. We consented and went to park the car. We had to walk through a creepy back alley to get to where the boys were. I let Coders know he was responsible for anything that happened to me. We finally found them, which turned out to be rather pointless. We wandered around for maybe ten minutes, hitting up the super classy Slots-of-Fun, and then the boys were done. Great.
Now to get back to the car... The boys started leading us a different direction than the car was in. I thought they knew how to get to the parking garage better than I did, so I just followed. A few minutes into this adventure we are nowhere near the parking garage, and the boys weren't happy that we didn't know where the car was. Pretty sure there was some emotion I've never seen from one of them, because, "Who just loses a car?" I absolutely knew where the car was and how to get there at this point, but didn't care to share because I was finding the whole situation rather funny.
We eventually made it back to the hotel around 1. The boys took off again. Janae and I sat on our bed, watched ESPN (because we are men), and ate muddy buddies. Livin' the dream.
Before we went to bed around 3, we left the boys fruit snack and a mint on their pillows, and a tender little note wishing them a good night's sleep. We are so thoughtful.
When the boys got back at 3:30 we had a little "pillow talk" if you will.
And thus ends the first day of Spring Break 2011.
1 comment:
Still laugh a lot about Cody being in the trunk. A lot. Also about the getting the car "lost". Once again why do they hate us?
Post a Comment